Grow your revenue with expandable banners!
This expandable banner starts off as a standard banner initially, but hover your mouse over
it (or touch it on your mobile device) and watch it expand! It remains open until
you move your mouse away. You can also click the optional close button in the upper right corner,
which is automatically layered on top of the banner.
- The expandable banner can expand in any direction: up, down, left or right.
- The small image that appears initially is typically the size of a standard banner placement.
- The large image width and height are fully customizable on a per-creative basis.
- The banner can optionally expand automatically and close after a period of time.
Expandable banners are composed of a small image and a large image in
one of the following formats:
Deploying expandable banners on your web site couldn't be easier. They drop right into your existing banner zones. There is no
special coding required to be done by you or your advertisers!
- The direction of expansion is generally dictated by the banner position. For example, a leaderboard at the top of the page
should expand down as it will not have room to expand up. Similarly, a skyscraper on the left side of the page should expand
right since it will not have room to expand left.
- Advertisers do not need to include a close button in their images. The optional close button is added as an overlay on top of their banner,
which eliminates the need for any coding. This will greatly speed up the creative development process and leaves more budget left
over for actually running their ads.
- Expandable banners are touch friendly, so they can effectively be served to visitors using tablets or mobile phones. Keep in mind
that you may want to make these zones responsive. Obviously a 728x90 expandable banner will not look good on mobile phones, but
a 320x50 banner that expands to 320x400 would work quite well.